Air Filter Replacement Boca Raton FL
Air Filter Replacement In Boca Raton, FL, And Surrounding Areas
Excellent Air Filter Replacement Services in Boca Raton, FL
United A/C and Refrigeration specialize in providing high-quality air filter replacement services for Boca Raton, FL residents, ensuring that the air inside your home or office is clean and healthy to breathe. We offer a wide range of options to suit your specific needs, including standard filters, HEPA filters, and custom filters. Whether you’re dealing with allergies, asthma, or simply want to improve the air quality in your home, our company has the expertise and equipment to get the job done right.
When Should HVAC Air Filters be Changed?
The typical lifespan of an HVAC filter is one to three months. It is important to remember the date you installed them, so you know when they will need to be replaced. Your indoor air quality will suffer if you wait too long to replace the filter. Additionally, the kind of air filter you buy can influence how frequently you need to replace it.
Our ductless AC unit experts in the Boca Raton, FL, area recommend replacing the air conditioner’s filter every 30 days when using less expensive fiberglass filters to avoid more significant energy costs. Change them every six months if you use more costly pleated air filters. If you are unsure how long your filter is good for, check the package of your new air filters. It will tell you how long they should last.
Factors That Affect How Frequently Filters Change Include:
- Home Size: Air filters play a crucial role in maintaining the quality of air inside your home, and the frequency of replacement can greatly impact the efficiency of your HVAC system. According to our experts in ductless air conditioning systems in Boca Raton, FL, the size of your house is a significant factor in determining how often you should replace your filters. As larger homes require more air to be circulated by the furnace or air conditioner, they tend to clog filters more quickly. The technicians recommend that homeowners with larger homes should change their filters more frequently than those with smaller homes to ensure optimal performance of the HVAC system and maintain good indoor air quality.
- Air Quality: Our ductless AC units experts in the Boca Raton, FL, area recommend regularly checking your air filter, especially after days of poor outdoor air quality due to smoky conditions. The filter can become clogged with impurities such as smoke, dust, and other debris, which can negatively impact the efficiency of your HVAC system. If you live in a large city, where air pollution is a prevalent issue, it is especially important to check and replace your filter more frequently to maintain good indoor air quality and ensure optimal performance of the ductless AC unit.
- Pets: Our HVAC contractors say air in your home might be impacted by pet dander and hair. If you have a pet, ensure your air filter is cleaned when you check it each month. If you see that there has been an accumulation of pet debris, contact our heat pump repair specialists in Boca Raton, FL, and the surrounding areas.
- Allergies: Symptoms like coughing, sneezing, and a runny nose can get worse if there is too much dust, pet dander, or other allergens floating around in the air within your home. This will be an indication that it is time to change your air filter. Do this before it becomes blocked to guarantee that only clean air leaves your HVAC system.
- Season: The frequency at which you need to change your air filters can vary depending on the season. During the warm spring and fall months, your HVAC system may run less often, which can result in the filter not getting dirty as quickly. However, during the summer and winter months, when the system is working harder to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home, the filter will likely become clogged with impurities more quickly. It’s important to monitor your filter and its performance during these seasons and change it when necessary. Additionally, certain seasons such as summer with high humidity, can lead to more buildup of dust, mold and mildew which can clog the filter faster, thus requiring more frequent replacement.
- Occupancy: Using high-quality pleated air filters is an excellent suggestion if you have young children in the house. An air filter’s lifespan is increased when fewer people live there, whereas it is decreased when more people do.
It’s important to regularly check the condition of your air filter to ensure that it is functioning properly. After a few months of use, you will have a better understanding of how quickly the filter becomes dirty. One way to inspect the filter is to hold it up to a bright light source. If the light is unable to pass through the filter, it is likely clogged with impurities and needs to be replaced. This is an easy way to check the condition of your air filter and make sure that your HVAC system is running efficiently and effectively.